Announcements - September 24-September 30, 2023
TWENTY FIFTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR
1. 27th September, the memorial of St. Vincent De Paul the patron of SVP.
29th September, the feast of the Archangels, St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St, Raphael.
30th September, the memorial of St. Jerome.
2. There will be a Steering Committee training cum meeting tomorrow / today, 24th September for all the Unit Co-coordinator and Animator in the school AV room from 10.45 am to 12.15 pm. Those who have enlisted are requested to attend the program.
3. This is the last and final reminder to the parents whose children are presently studying in Class 3 or above and have not sent them for the Sunday school and wish to receive First Holy Communion in the academic year 2024-2025. You are requested to contact Fr. Leslie Almeida, personally by 24th September, 2023.
4. The SVP is having a lunch for the underprivileged on 1st October, 2023 regardless of caste, creed and religion as it’s the feast of its patron St. Vincent de Paul. Anyone desiring to contribute towards the same, kindly contact the SVP members or the Parish Fathers.
5. We wish to thank, Fr. Joe Gonsalves, Youth Animator and all who participated in the FUN DAY to encourage our parish youth. God bless you.
6. Sunday, 1st October,2023 our parish will celebrate Thanksgiving day. The new corn will be blessed at 8.00 am in the church. All our parish families are requested to collect the blessed corn and have a meal together with a thanksgiving heart. The prayer will be shared to all families by your Unit Co-ordinator / Animator.
7. Those who wish to offer fruits and vegetables grown in your garden may do so during the offertory and the same will be distributed to the poor and needy by SVP members.
8. A gentle reminder to our parishioners to contribute to the Community Welfare Fund.
9. During the month of October, the Rosary will be recited in the units. Kindly join in large numbers to recite the Rosary.
10. Admissions for the Ministry of the Word for the new academic year, which starts in January, 2024 have started; The admission period will be open till October,2023. Interested students can book an appointment with Fr. Jude on 9167778264 for a personal interview. The interview would be conducted at St. Blaize Church, Amboli, Andheri (West). For details kindly look up the notice board.
11. Sunday School children will be going for a field trip to Shishu Bhavan, Vile Parle on 2nd October, 2023. Kindly pray for their safe trip.
12. The Parish fathers thank you for last Sunday’s collection which amounted to Rs.27,836/-