Announcements - November 19 - November 25, 2023
THIRTY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR
1. 21st November, the memorial of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
22nd November, the memorial of St. Cecilia.
2. Sunday, 26th November is the last Sunday of the Liturgical year and the Solemn feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King of the Universe. There will be holy hour from 10.30 am to 1.30 pm and from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm. The list of the communities conducting the holy hour is put on the notice board, and is also circulated in the communities. Please come in large number and take part in the holy hour. The co-ordinators are requested to inform the families of your Unit and gather them to pray at the time allotted. Thank you.
3. The Senior Citizen get together is tomorrow / today from 10.45am onwards in the school basement.
4. There will be no Sunday school tomorrow / today. However the children’s Mass will be celebrated at 9.30 am. Children are expected to attend the children’s Mass. Sunday school will reopen on 26th November, 2023.
5. The Bombay Catholic Sabha has organised a Bone Mass Density & Hemoglobin free check-up camp in our school classroom tomorrow / today from 9.30 am to 12 noon. The Bombay Catholic Sabha is also giving free Sacro Lumbar belts for backache, on first come first basis and as per the sizes available under supervision of the doctor.
6. The Bombay Catholic Sabha has opened a helpdesk specially for voter awareness, verification and enrolment. Also the Bombay Catholic Sabha has organised, 1 Lac signature campaign drive appealing to Hon’able Prime Minister and Chief Minister of Maharashtra to ensure that religious minorities do not face any threat to their constitutional rights. For more detail please visit our helpdesk in the porch.
7. Examiner Subscribers are requested to renew their subscription for the year 2024 with
annual subscription of Rs.1100/- at the bookstall. New subscribers are also welcomed. Last date to renew your subscription will be till 3rd December, 2023. Those who wish to have an Examiner copy of the Christmas issue 2023, kindly register with a sum of Rs. 100/- at the bookstall.
8. We wish to thank all members from various Associations, Cells and groups who took part in the Orientation held on 12th November and also the Youth Animators, Dean and Cassina and Br. Anand for taking our youth for picnic. God bless you.
9. St. Xavier’s College has introduced new program for post graduate stream. For details refer the notice board in the porch.
10. We, The Parish fathers thank you for the following collections :-
Last Sunday ………… Rs.25,673/- (This amount will be sent to Bishop’s House)
SVP …………………...... Rs.13,230/-