FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT
1. 4th December, the feast of St. Francis Xavier, the principal patron of the Archdiocese of Bombay.
8th December, the feast of Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
2. Today we begin the season of Advent, a time of preparation for Christmas, a season of joyful and spiritual expectation. May the spirit of the Lord lead us to experience the mystery of incarnation.
3. Tomorrow / Today St. Francis Xavier feast Mass will be celebrated at 7.00 pm followed by a fellowship get together in the quadrangle. All those who have given names kindly be present for the same.
4. Sunday school and Children Mass as usual. Parents please make sure your children attend Sunday School and Children Mass.
5. The Bombay Catholic Sabha has opened a helpdesk specially for voter awareness, verification and enrolment. Also the Bombay Catholic Sabha has organised, 1 Lac signature campaign drive appealing to Hon’able Prime Minister and Chief Minister of Maharashtra to ensure that religious minorities do not face any threat to their constitutional rights. For more detail please visit our helpdesk in the porch. The Bombay Catholic Sabha has organized Academic Awards on Sunday, 10th December, 2023 at 9.30 am Mass. All those who are selected for the awards kindly be present for this Mass.
6. Examiner Subscribers are requested to renew their subscription for the year 2024 with annual subscription of Rs.1100/- at the bookstall. New subscribers are also welcomed. Last date to renew your subscription will be till 3rd December, 2023. Those who wish to have an Examiner copy of the Christmas issue 2023, kindly register with a sum of Rs. 100/- at the bookstall.
7. We wish to thank the Community Co-ordinators, Animators, Liturgy team, Choir and you parishioners for taking part in Holy Hour on the Feast of Christ the King. God bless you.
8. The Centre for Social Action Office of the Archdiocese of Bombay has appealed for generous contribution to support the cause of the poor, tribals and other vulnerable groups. The envelopes towards Advent Campaign will be handed to you by your community Co-ordinator/ Animator. Kindly drop the envelop in the box. The Archbishop’s appeal letter for the same is placed on the notice board.
9. There will be meeting for SCC Animators on Sunday, 10th December, 2023 in the school AV room. Please attend in large numbers.
10. There will be church cleaning on Sunday, 10th December,2023 after 9.30 am Mass. Requesting the parishioners to come in large numbers for the good cause.
11. The Stop-Gaps Cultural Academy presents The 40th FESTIVAL OF FESTIVE MUSIC at 7.00 pm on Saturday, December 16, 2023 and at 6.30 pm on Sunday, December 17, 2023 at the Tata Theatre NCPA Nariman Point, Mumbai. For further details please refer to the poster displayed on the notice board.
12. The Family Cell of St, John Bosco Church, Borivali (West) is organizing a programme for all eligible singles of marriageable age called ‘LILAC’ on Sunday, 10th December from10.00 am to 3.00 pm. Last date for registration is tomorrow / today. Please check the notice board for further details.
13. We, The Parish fathers thank you for the following collections :-
Last Sunday ………………………………….. Rs.36,619/-
CWF for the month of November,2023…….. Rs.97,500/-