The College of Social Work – Nirmala Niketan Extension Centre was established in 1995. .It is directly under the College of Social Work, Nirmala Niketan, New Marine Lines.
- The Extension Centre located at Goregaon, has been actively involved since 1995 in training grass root level workers through its courses of 6 months’ duration to qualify them as Para-professionals in Social Work.
- Anubhav Mumbai: works with College Youth to raise their social consciousness in order to equip them with skills for social responsibility
- The need for utilizing the potential of Senior Citizens who are able bodied inspired the College to launch a programme to train them through Short Term courses. Two such courses are conducted in the year.
The College of Social Work Distance Education Unit in collaboration with the Indira Gandhi Open University, IGNOU organizes the following courses:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Diploma in HIV & Family Education (DAFE)
- Certificate in Human Rights
- Diploma in Child Studies
- Post Graduate Degree Course in counseling