Sunday-Saturday, January 29, 2023 – February 04, 2023
FOURHT SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
1. 31st January the memorial of St. John Bosco, 2nd February the feast of the Presentation of the Lord, 3rd February the memorial of St. Blaise, 4th February the feast of St. John De Britto.
2. 2nd February the day of consecrated life will be celebrated, please pray for all who have consecrated their life to the Lord. May they be blessed with peace, joy and grace.
3. Sunday, 5th February, 2023. 17 children of our parish are receiving First Holy Communion. Kindly pray that they may remain close to Jesus in the Eucharist. Kindly note that the Mass will be at 10.00 am on 5th February,2023 instead of 9.30 am.
4. There will be Holy half an hour adoration on 1st Friday, 3rd February at 6.30 pm followed by Mass at 7.00 pm. Please do attend in large number.
5. Parish Pastoral Council meeting on Wednesday, 1st February at 7.45 pm, members are requested to attend.
6. ‘We Connect’ the parish bulletin for the units are kept in the Sacristy, co-ordinators are requested to collect and distribute to the families in your unit.
7. 11th February is the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and also the world day of the Sick . There will be a special Mass for all the sick and homebound on that day at 5.00 pm in the church. Requesting all co-ordinators to inform the respective families and make arrangements to bring the sick and home bound to the church for the Mass.
8. St. Thomas prayer group meets every Saturday after 7.00 pm Mass. All are invited.
9. Women Empowerment Cell of Borivali Deanery is having a get together on Sunday, 29th January, 2023 in our school basement from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm.
10. The Parish fathers thank you for last Sunday’s collection which amounted to Rs.30,812/-
Sunday-Saturday, January 22, 2023 – January 28, 2023
THIRD SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
1. 24th January the memorial of St. Francis De Sales. 25th January the feast of the conversion of St. Paul, 27th January the memorial of Saints Timothy and Titus, 28th January the memorial of St. Thomas Aquinas.
2. Today we celebrate Word of God Sunday. May the Word of God be a lamp to our feet and light to our path. Please read the Word of God daily and reflect on what you read.
3. Christian unity week ends on 25th January. Please pray for unity among the Christian dinominations and to stand in solidarity to combat the atrocities towards Christians in our country.
4. St. Thomas High School & Junior College will have the flag hoisting ceremony on 26th January at 7.30 am on the school ground to celebrate our country’s Republic Day. All are invited to attend.
5. In case of funerals, family members have to come to the parish office along with the copy of the death certificate well in advance in order to proceed with the burial procedures.
6. St. Thomas prayer group meets every Saturday after 7.00 pm Mass. All are invited.
7. Fr. Nelson will be visiting Our Lady of perpetual Succour community, Station Road on 23rd and 27th January from 6.30 pm onwards.
8. Women Empowerment cell of Borivali Deanery is having a get together on Sunday, 29th January,2023 in our school basement from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm. All women of our parish are invited. Kindly give your name to Mrs. Lily Bhanushali. Snacks and lunch will be provided.
9. The Parish fathers thank you for the following collections:-
Last Sunday………… Rs.33,178.00
Grotto & Statue ……. Rs.19,769.00
Sunday-Saturday, January 15, 2023 – January 21, 2023
SECOND SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
1. 16th January, memorial of St. Joseph Vaz from Goa. 21st January, memorial of St. Agnes.
2. On 22nd January we celebrate Word of God Sunday. May the Word of God be a lamp to our feet and light to our path.
3. Today we celebrate the vocation to the Priesthood and the Religious life. Kindly pray for the vocations in our Archdiocese and also pray for the priests serving in your parish.
4. Christian unity week is from 18th to 25th January. A special prayer will be recited every day at the end of Mass. Please pray for unity among the Christian denominations and to stand in solidarity to combat the atrocities towards Christians in our country.
5. We wish to thank the planning committee, ushers, volunteers, coordinators, animators and all parishioners who took part in the Parish Family Day. Let us thank God and our patron St. Thomas for all the blessings and kindness bestowed on us.
6. In case of funerals, family members have to come to the parish office along with the copy of the death certificate well in advance in order to proceed with the burial procedures.
7. There are vacancies for Laboratory Assistant and Peon in St. Thomas High School & Junior College. Anyone interested to avail the job may contact Fr. Nelson Saldanha
8. SVP will be having a collection for the poor and the needy.
9. Fr. Agnel Ashram, Bandra is having nine days Novena Service from 12th January,2023 to 20th January,2023 followed by the feast on 21st January,2023. All are invited to join the novena prayers and obtain heavenly blessing through his powerful intercession. For more details, please refer the notice board.
10. The Parish fathers thank you for last Sunday’s collection Rs. 26,843.00
Sunday-Saturday, January 8, 2023 – January 14, 2023
FEAST OF THE EPIPHANY OF THE LORD
1. Today we celebrate the feast of the Epiphany of the Lord. On 9th January,2023 we celebrate the Baptism of the Lord. With this feast we end the season of Christmas. From 10th January,2023 we begin the
ordinary Liturgical Year. Rosary will be recited at the crib on 9th January,2023 after the evening Mass by the Legion of Mary. Kindly join in large numbers.
2. On 15th January,2023 the vocation to the Priesthood and the Religious life will be celebrated. Kindly pray for the vocations in our Archdiocese and also pray for the priests serving in your parish.
3. The Diocesan Vocation for Commission has organized Quest program for those who intend to join the Seminary. For more information, please see the notice board.
4. Today, 8th January,2023 the evening Mass will be at 5.30 pm as we are having our family day “FAMJAM’ an evening full of fun games, dance and dine for all families of our parish on the school grounds
from 6.30 pm onwards.
5. Fr. Nelson will be visiting St. Francis of Assisi, Kailashpuri families during this week.
6. Kindly drop the Advent Campaign envelopes in the church collection box.
7. There is a vacancy for peon in St. Thomas High School & Junior College. Anyone interested to avail the job may contact Fr. Nelson Saldanha
8. The Parish fathers thank you for the following:-
31st Night Mass collection ……. Rs.29,114.00
New Year’s collection….…………Rs.40,465.00
Sunday-Saturday, January 1, 2023 – January 7, 2023
Mary Mother of God / New Year – 2023
1. New Year, 1st January,2023 Masses as follows :7.00 am in Tamil, 8.15 am in English and 9.30 am in Marathi. Kindly note, that there will be No evening Mass on 1st January,2023.
2. We wish to thank:
i) Fr. Leslie, Br. Cajetan, Co-ordinators and Catechists for the hearty Christmas Tree celebration which made our children glad and cheery.
ii) For the Nine Unit Co-ordinators and members for presenting the Crib and Star in your communities. This is a powerful media of Evangelization for the people of other faith. God bless you.
3. Kindly note that there is No Sunday School on 1st January,2023. Sunday School will resume as usual from 8th January,2023. Those who have registered to receive the First Holy Communion in 2024, will
start their classes from 8th January. We request the parents to send their children regularly for Sunday School at 8.15 am followed by the children Mass at 9.30 am.
4. The media cell proposes advertisements in our parish We Connect newsletter to help defray the printing costs. Individuals, small or home business owners, and corporates can now place advertisements in the newsletter. For information on rates, you can contact your community coordinator or get in touch with Arun Sequeria from the media cell.
5. On 8th January,2023 the evening Mass will be at 5.30 pm as we are having our family day “FAMJAM’ an evening full of fun games, dance and dine for all families of our parish on the school grounds from
6.30 pm onwards. The entry coupons at the rate of Rs.150/- per head. No charges for kids below 4 years. For purchase of coupons contact your community coordinators or the Parish Book stall.
6. Parish Pastoral Council meeting on 4th January,2023 at 7.45 pm.
7. Half an hour Adoration on 6th January,2023 at 6.30 pm conducted by the SVP members.
8. Fr. Nelson will be visiting Raipada families during this week.
9. Kindly drop the Advent Campaign envelopes in the church collection box.
10. The Parish fathers thank you for the following:-
Christmas Day collection …….. Rs.1,04,495.00
Box & Grotto collection………..Rs. 23,136.00