Saturday-Sunday, November 16 – November 17, 2019
Thirty Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
1. (Today/Tomorrow) we are celebrating Thomasian Utsav on the school grounds from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm. It is also The World Day of The Poor. Kindly make acts of charity towards the poor and the marginalized.
2. Next Sunday 24th November, is the feast of Christ the Universal King. Masses next Sunday will be as follows: 6.15 am and 8.30 am in English, 7.00 am in Tamil, in the morning. The Blessed Sacrament will be Exposed for Adoration from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm. At 5.00 pm we will go in procession to St. Pius Seminary Chapel witnessing Christ as Our Universal King. There will be sermon followed by Benediction. Thereafter the schedule 6.00 pm mass will be held in the seminary chapel itself. Kindly note next Sunday, there will be no evening mass in the Church.
3. Next Sunday, 24th November there will be no Sunday School, but all the Sunday school children are requested to be present for the adoration and procession followed by mass at St. Pius Seminary chapel. Parents kindly make it a point to bring your children and involve them in this solemn service.
4. The Bombay Catholic Sabha – Mahim, has announced Awards for Academic Excellence for 2018-19. Applications are invited from students who have passed SSC, HSC, Graduates / post- Graduates. Forms will be available in the Porch . For more more details kindly look up the BCS notice board
5. The Bombay Catholic Sabha parish unit will be holding a medical camp next Sunday, 24th November from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon in the school basement. The camp will comprise of the following: Neuropathy detection, BMD Bone mineral density calcium and HB hemoglobin at a nominal charges of Rs.50/- only.
6. The Parish Fathers thank you for the following collections :-
Last Sunday Rs. 28,010.00
S.V.P Rs. 13,290.00
Saturday-Sunday, November 09 – November 10, 2019
Thirty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
1. Thomasian Utsav, 2019 will be held on Saturday, 16th and Sunday, 17th November from 7 pm to 10 pm. Kindly note that the evening mass on Saturday, 16th November will be at 6.00 pm followed by Talent Hunt on the school ground. On 17th November, we celebrate family day. Looking forward to seeing you all. Entry passes are available with your unit co-ordinator. No passes will be sold after Wednesday, 13th November. Those who like to made donation for the Thomasian Utsav may do so at the parish office. All donations above Rs.2000/- should be made by cheque only.
2. Confirmation parents kindly note that on Tuesday, 12th November, the confirmation children will have a Re-collection in our church conducted by guest priest from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm. The re-collection is mandatory. Only those Children who are regular in attending the confirmation classes and this re-collection will be allowed to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
3. On the 92nd Death Anniversary of Venerabl Fr. Agnel the nine days special Novena Service will be conducted at Bandra . For details kindly look up the notice board.
4. Citizen Credit Co-operative Bank Ltd., has announced Annual Awards for Academic Excellence to be held in January, 2020 for the Academic year 2018-19. For details contact the nearest branch or refer to the Notice Board.
5. The Family Cell of St. John Bosco Church, Borivali (W) is organizing a programme entitled “LILAC” for all eligible singles. Further details are displayed on the notice board.
6. The SVP will be making a collection after mass for the needy of our parish. Please be generous.
7. The Parish Fathers thank you for your last Sunday’s collections which amounted to Rs.32,585.00
Saturday-Sunday, November 02 – November 03, 2019
Thirty First Sunday in Ordinary Time
1. On the occasion of All Saints Day the Sunday School and our SSC units will be staging a program entitled “Saints Go Marching In” after the 9.30 am Mass today, 3rd November here in the church.
2. Parish Pastoral Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 06 at 7.30 p.m. in the Conference Room. All Council members are expected to attend.
3. Thomasian Utsav 2019 will be held on Saturday 16th and 17th November from 7 pm to 10 pm. The duly filled forms for the Talent Hunt and raffle forms should be submitted to the concerned persons by 3rd November or latest by Wednesday, 6th November after mass. Those parishioners who wish to contribute articles for the White Elephant stall should bring them to the conference room from Wednesday, 6th Nov., onwards till the 10th of Nov. Volunteers will be available to accept the same.
4. The passes for the Thomasian Utsav 2019 are available with your unit co-ordinators. Please purchase your pass at Rs.100/- each and confirm your presence for the evening. No passes will be sold after the 13th of November. Those who like to made donation for the Thomasian Utsav may do so at the parish office. All donations above Rs.2000/- should be made by cheque only.
5. The Parish Fathers thank you for your last Sunday’s collections which amounted to Rs.54,245.00