Saturday-Sunday, February 17 – February 18, 2018
1st Sunday of Lent
1. (Till 9.30 am mass)All Confraternity members of our parish are requested to attend a special meeting (tomorrow/today) after the 9.30 am Mass.
2. The Parish fathers will continue their visit to Mahindra Nagar Unit on Monday 19th February after the evening Mass.
3. The Way of the Cross during the Season of Lent will be as follows: on Friday at 5.30 p.m. in Tamil followed by Mass and at 7.00 pm in English followed by mass.
4. Four Sundays of Lenten Reflections will begin from next Sunday 25th. February at the 9.30 am Mass. The themes are as follows;
|25th February||Power of Now||Fr. David Mike|
|04th March||Eternal Love of God||Fr. K.T. Emanuel –especially for the Youth.|
|11th March||Transform by the Spirit||Fr. Denzil Fernandes|
|18th March||Letting Go of Sin||Fr. Wilfred D’Souza|
5. Kindly note that the parish office will remain closed on Monday, 19th February.
6. The Parish Fathers thank you for the following collections :
i. Last Sunday ……………………… Rs.25,550.00
ii. Holy Childhood Association……. Rs.24,750.00
Saturday-Sunday, February 10 – February 11, 2018
Sixth Sunday of the Year B
1. Today’s second collection is for The Holy Childhood Association.
2. Today being the World Day Of the Sick a special Mass for healing will be held at 11.00 am for all the sick and aged.
3. The Parish fathers will be visiting Mahindra Nagar Unit on Monday 12th February after the evening Mass.
4. Requesting all Confraternity members of our parish to attend a special meeting after the 9.30 am Mass, next Sunday 18th. February.
5. Wednesday February 14 is Ash Wednesday – a day of Fasting and Abstinence. With Ash Wednesday, the Church enters into the grace-filled Season of Lent. Ashes will be Blessed and imposed during the following Masses: 6.45 a.m. in English; 7.30 a.m. in Tamil; and 2 masses in the evening: 6.00 pm and 7.00 pm in English.
6. The Way of the Cross during the Season of Lent will be as follows: on Friday at 6.00 p.m. in Tamil and at 7.00 pm in English followed by mass.
7. Kindly note that the parish office will remained closed on Tuesday, 13th and Wednesday, 14th February.
8. The Legion of Mary is organizing A PRESS MONTH today to propogate Catholic literature and periodicals such as The Examiner, Teenager, Inspirational Quotes, etc. Kindly subscribe or renew Catholic magazines and periodicals and support the Catholic press with your subscription.
9. The Parish Fathers thank you for the following collections :
i. Last Sunday’s collections……… Rs.22,980.00
ii. Box collections for December & January….. Rs.43,705.00
Saturday-Sunday, February 03 – February 04, 2018
Fifth Sunday of the Year B
1. The Parish fathers will be visiting Raipada Unit on Monday 12th February after the evening Mass.
2. The monthly Parish Pastoral Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 07th at 7.30 p.m. in the Conference Room. All the members are expected to attend.
3. In view of the deanery meeting, the Parish Office will remain closed on Thursday, February 8th.
4. Next Sunday, February 11th. 2018 will be celebrated as World Day Of The Sick and also Bible Sunday. A special Mass for the Sick and housebound will be celebrated at 11 am. We request all community leaders/animators to identify the sick and aged, and to make arrangements to bring them to Church for this Mass. Car owners who are willing to help bring the sick and old to church may kindly give your names and contact number at the Book Stall or any of the legioneries.
5. Next Sunday, 11th February, will also be celebrated as Holy Childhood Sunday . A second collection will be made after Holy Communion towards the Holy Childhood Association.
6. The Online Application portal for Jr. K.G. admissions to St. Thomas Church Kindergarten has begun from February 2nd. 2018. Details are put up at the School gate. Catholic parents who desire admission for their child should follow the Online procedure which is a must.
7. Requesting all Confraternity members of our parish to attend a special meeting on Sunday, 18th. February after the 9.30 am Mass.
8. Requesting all our parishioners to keep their Community Welfare Fund Card and Family Card updated before March 2018.
9. The Legion of Mary is organizing A PRESS MONTH on February 10th and 11th to propogate Catholic literature and periodicals such as The Examiner, Teenager, Inspirational Quotes, etc. The Parish Fathers encourage you to enroll or subscribe or renew Catholic magazines and periodicals. Kindly support the Catholic press with your subscription.
10. Kindly look up the church notice board for the following :-
a. Inter Unit Box Cricket Tournment for all our parishioners
b. “FOTOSTORY CONTEST” organized by the Bible Committee.
c. ‘Summer Camps’ for Catholic Youth organized by Diocesan Youth Centre.
11. The Parish Fathers Thank you for the following collections:
i) Last Sunday’s collection….. Rs.22,300.00
ii) Community Welfare fund collection for the month of January,2018…….Rs.1,22,580.00