Saturday-Sunday, December 08 – December 09, 2018
2nd Sunday of advent
1. Cleaning of the church, will take place tomorrow / today at 10.00 am.
2. Parish office will remain closed on 13th December in view of Deanery meeting.
3. Confessions before Christmas in our parish will be held on Wednesday, December 19th from 6.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. Guest priests will be available for confession. There will be no evening mass on 19th December.
4. Inviting all children and adult parishioners to join the Carol singing. Practice will start from Monday, 10th December after the evening mass.
5. Community-wise Star & Crib competitions forms will be given to the unit co-ordinators.
6. A gentle remainder to hand in your donations envelops for the Advent Campaign Against Hunger and Disease.
7. Requesting all examiner subscribers to refer the notice board for the revised rates of the Examiner.
8. The Parish Fathers thank you for Last Sunday’s collections which amounted to Rs.33,428.00.
- Parish Priest
Saturday-Sunday, December 01 – December 02, 2018
1st Sunday of advent
1. Mass bookings for the new year January, 2019 can be done during office hours. Kindly book the 1st Death Anniversary and special masses much in advance.
2. Monday, 3rd December, is the Feast of St. Francis Xavier, Principal Patron of our Archdiocese.
3. Parish Pastoral Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 05 at 7.30 p.m. in the Conference Room. All Council members are expected to attend.
4. Kar Seva – Cleaning of the church, will take place next Sunday, 9th December at 10.00 am. Volunteers are requested to contact Ashwin Rodricks.
5. There will be a session next Sunday, 9th December between 10.30 am to 12.30 pm followed by lunch , for all married couples who have completed 1 to 5 years of married life. You can register your names in the porch after mass.
6. Advent Campaign Against Hunger and Disease conducted by The Centre for Social Action is focusing on the theme : Connecting Communities Promoting Livelihoods. Envelops are being distributed for your donations preferably by cheques only. Kindly be generous and please fill in all the details on the donation envelops. For more details kindly read the poster and Cardinal’s letter on the notice board.
7. The Bombay Catholic Sabha – Goregaon east Unit, will be distributing forms for Christmas Raffle and the hamper draw will be held on 25th December. Kindly return the forms by 16th December.
8. The Bombay Catholic Sabha – St. Thomas Unit will be conducting the Annual Academic Awards for details kindly refer the BCS notice board.
9. The rates of Examiner has increased to Rs. 15/- per copy and Annual subscription to Rs.750/-. Requesting all old and new subscribers to pay their subscriptions at the bookstall before 16th December, 2018.
10. Citizen Credit Co-operative Bank ltd., has announced Annual Awards for Academic Excellence. For details contact the nearest branch or refer to the Notice Board.
11. The Parish Fathers thank you for Last Sunday’s collections which amounted Rs.25,270.00.